This agreement is attached to and is part of the Rental Agreement dated _________________ between
___________________________, (the landlord), and __________________________________, (the tenants).
It becomes effective on ___________ (date).
Tenants desire to keep the following described
in the dwelling they occupy under the Rental Agreement referred to above. Because this agreement specifically
prohibits keeping pets without the Owners' permission, Tenants agree to the following terms and conditions
in exchange for their permission:
1) Tenants agree that they are solely responsible for the maintenance of the above described pet,
and agree to keep their pet under control at all times.
2) Tenants agree to keep their pet restrained, but not tethered, when it is outside their dwelling.
3) Tenants agree to adhere to local ordinances, including leash and licensing requirements.
4) Tenants agree not to leave their pet unattended for unreasonable periods.
5) Tenants agree to clean up after their pet and to dispose of their pet's waste properly and quickly.
6) Tenants agree not to leave food or water for their pet or any other animal outside their dwelling where
it may attract other animals.
7) Tenants agree to keep their pet from being unnecessarily noisy or aggressive and causing any annoyance
or discomfort to others and will remedy immediately any complaints made through the Owners or Manager.
8) Tenants agree to provide their pet with an identification tag that the pet will wear at all times on the premises.
9) Tenants agree not to breed or allow the pet to reproduce. If this should occur, the petís offspring must be
placed within eight weeks of birth.
10) Tenants agree to immediately pay for any damage, loss, or expense caused by their pet, and in addition,
they will add $ ____________ to their security/cleaning deposit, which may be used for cleaning, repairs or
delinquent rent when Tenants vacate. This added deposit, or what remains of it when pet damages have been
assessed, will be returned to Tenants within
_____ days after they have proved that they no longer keep this pet.
11) Tenants agree to pay for pest infestation services resulting from pets allowed in the property by tenant after
termination of occupancy
12) Tenants agree that this Agreement applies only to the specific pet described above and that no other pet
may be substituted. Tenants agree to furnish the Owners with a picture of their pet prior to occupancy.
13) Tenants agree that the Owners reserve the right to revoke permission to keep the pet should the Tenants
break this agreement.
Tenants will be given 3 days to remove the pet from the premises.
14) Any animals on the property not registered under this Rental Agreement will be presumed to be strays
and will be disposed of according to law, at the option of the Landlord.
Copyright 2000 US Landlord. All rights reserved. Visit www.USLandlord.com for tenant credit reports, rental forms and more.